In addition to basic account settings members also have the option of filling in additional, more personal information. None of these fields are required, and users often choose to leave some or all of them blank.
- Avatar - An avatar is a small picture or graphic associated with a member. Some forums may allow members to upload or link to external avatars, while others may only allow members to select from a provided set of images.
- Personal Text - The personal text is usually displayed directly underneath a member's avatar when they post.
- Birthdate - When a member provides their full birthdate, their age is calculated and displayed on their profile. If the calendar feature is enabled, it is also placed on the calendar. Particularly self-conscious members may choose to omit the year in which case their birthday will still be displayed on the calendar, but their age will not be calculated.
- Location - A member may choose to give a general idea of their location. It is not encouraged (or wise) for members to give their specific location in the form of an address or lat/lon coordinates.
- Gender - If desired, a member may have their gender displayed. Selecting the blank line will prevent any gender from being displayed.
- Messengers - Members may provide their various messenger usernames or numbers for clients such as ICQ, AIM, MSN, and YIM.
- Custom Title - Forum administrators may allow a member to choose their own custom title. Custom titles are displayed below the member's name when posting.
- Signature - If provided, a member's signature is attached to the bottom of each of their posts.
- Website - A member may advertise their own web site by providing its URL and a title.